LET US BEGIN!
Alright. Here is basically the corner of my basement in which I keep my ever-growing accumulation of STUFF I will be taking with me to college! My colors are loosely light blue, tan, and brown. However, since Wal-Mart doesn't always have EXACTLY what I need (and I don't need everything to a.b.s.o.l.u.t.e.l.y. match 100%), I also have... other colors.
FRIDGE!! I definitely plan on NOT doing too much spending money on food from the school and Union. My boyfriend and I will be making frequent trips to the grocery store together (how cute, right?); however, I want to be able to have my own supply for those days that I'm just feelin' like being on my own (though it's VERY rare, it does happen. Plus late night study sessions require food... And unfortunately, no distractions from boyfriend).
Please ignore how dusty this stuff is. I have yet to clean it because my microwave and fridge both were originally my brother's when he went to DePaul and then transferred to KU. So they've kinda been sitting in the same spot in my basement (and garage for the microwave) for the past 2-3 years. They both work, though! So, I'm good. I'll also be bringing my blender which isn't pictured, a meat fryer thing (it's like a George Foreman, but it's not. Also, I'll be keeping that at my boyfriend's place because it's only allowed in the kitchens of the dorms. And I don't know how much meat I'll be eating on my own.), and a crock pot which I have yet to buy. I will show it in a later post/future haul.
My only comment that I feel necessary to say to this is: I like bread. And bagels. Which is the same as bread.
A majority of what I have so far is hand-me-down stuff. This, for instance, was my sisters... I honestly think she "barrowed" it from somewhere. I don't rightfully know where to say she got it, but it works and I need to bring one with me, so this is what I shall use. Done.
Speaking of hand-me-downs, these were originally my grandma's which she gave to my mom and she has now given them to me. The 2nd largest and the smallest need repairs, but nothing major. Some time I'll give them make-overs by painting them. I'm 100% fond of the roosters on the reverse sides of them... Off topic, leave a comment with your opinion on grandmas and their attachment to rooster everything.
I got the tan sheets on Black Friday. I don't know why I thought I'd never be able to find them at my local Wal-Mart for a better price... The tan sheets I got for about $15 and the blue pair, which I just got today, was about $10. Live and learn, right? As per usual, my university's dorms have Twin XL-sized beds. So I got TXL sheets - 2 pairs because laundry is not my forte, especially when I have to do EVERYTHING in a day. Nope.
This I got at Target (incase you didn't recognize where the Xhilaration brand was from) also on Black Friday, except this one was actually a bargain. It was about $10-15 and was originally something like $30-40. Personally, I don't need much to keep warm at night, so this will suffice as my comforter (plus the sheet sets come with a thin blanket thing. You all know what I'm talking about).
I bought this pillow today. 'Cause I needed a new pillow.
So, ALSO on Black Friday, I bought 2 towels and 2 wash cloths at Kohl's for about $8 total. Yup. Like, $2 per piece.
Alright! That's my first haul. It definitely was limited, for sure. There are other things I have but are incomplete in their current state (Femme box, etc.) Despite the somewhat sporadic and non-correlating what I currently have is, I do have a general plan for everything I will have in the end by the time I go. Later in the year, say around August 10th or whenever I finally have everything (or close to it), I'll post everything I have in a much more organized manner (esp. using collage techniques via PicMonkey.com).
If you are looking for a list of College Necessities, you can either follow the previous link or find others (as well as other college decorating, pointers, etc) by clicking here to get to my Pinterest board, To College And Beyond.

















No comments:
Post a Comment