The most difficult thing about roommates is what is happening right now (which is a whole new and scary world for me): Roommate Selection via Facebook.
Now, if that doesn't sound weird to you, I don't know what will. Despite how I met my two best friends (online; we don't need to get into that), I don't generally like meeting people online. It seems very sketchy to me. But with almost 1,500 people (not nearly how many people that are attending, but you know) already in this group (and most likely many of them already having found somebody), I couldn't help joining in - plus, literally every single Senior at my school has joined their college's school's page (for those who are like 'What are you talking about? What page?' if you search "(Your College/University's name) Class of 2018 (or whatever year for any future college students)" on FB, you can find this entire page that's been opened by someone (generally an upperclassman) from the school).)
I digress. I've posted on there trying to find a roommate, and let me just say how horribly irritating it is to have people 'Like' my post BUT NOT TALK TO ME! My one pet peeve (I actually have many, depending on the subject matter... so it's not just one pet peeve... again, I digress) is that people will do that - 'Like' something - and not DO anything about it! I can just hear it in my head:
"Oh, you sound kinda cool. What?! You'll make food? Well, you're not my mom. Sorry, I'll still keep looking." I MEAN, WHO DOESN'T WANT FOOD!?
Anyway, there's one girl I've been talking to who is my top choice for a roommate, though that's probably because she's the ONLY PERSON WHO'S RESPONDED TO ME!
It's stuff like this that gets me angry. I can't be left to have a panic attack about who I'll be living with over Spring Break - NOT! OKAY!
Anyway. This post was much more animated than I anticipated. Comment and tell me about any Roommate drama or trauma you're currently experiencing! Do you know who you're going to room with already? Are you using the Facebook system? How long did it take for you to figure out who you wanted to room with?
No comments:
Post a Comment