This may sound intimidating for future Seniors to come: the load of homework and general crap we have to worry about is absolutely annoying and overwhelming. And it's not even like we even get that much, but the Senioritis/ADD/I-Don't-Care-Anymore makes this molehill seem like Mt. Everest. I mean, what sort of cruel person would expect a second-semester Senior to read a section per week of Crime and Punishment? How could you even ask an S-Cubed to analyze the meaning of Luzhin's bitterness and anger toward Raskolnikov as well as Sonechka's anxious and awkward state while receiving financial help from the narcissistic Luzhin? If you really wanted to know, you should have asked me last semester when I truly was like, "Yes! I can tackle this year!" rather than right now when every last Senior (none of us remain standing; most of us are hardly still on our hands and knees) asks on a daily basis, "Can we just graduate already?" I'd quite honestly rather have three hours of math homework than three hours of trying to comprehend translated Russian - at least with math you feel like you've gotten somewhere in the end. With this whole literature crap that we're working on here it's really just going in circles making up a bunch of hullaballoo (<--- I'd like to point out that this word is spelled correctly. Points).
"The significance of Sonya's awkward state when sitting in private conversation with Lizhin reveals her inability to relate to people around her. Despite her occupation as a prostitute, she is described to have anti-social tendencies that separate her from those around her. Because she does not recognizes when is the appropriate time to part from company, it is revealed that she is ultimately mentally unable to appreciate the company of those around her. Additionally, it is revealed that Luzhin's narcissistic tendencies reveal themselves through his state of mind and personal opinions, not only of women (particularly Dunya and Pulkeria), but of others around him, as well. Luzhin believed that he should have given Dunya more money so that she wouldn't have left him; however, had he given her more money, he wouldn't have been able to maintain the 'Superman' persona that he believes he held to Dunya and her family."
The previous paragraph that I have written is the kind of crap that ask us to produce on a weekly basis. What kind teachers have we, yes?
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm done with Senior year.
No comments:
Post a Comment